East African Village
Riverside Sportsmen Club
10835 Riverside Drive East, Windsor, ON N8P 1A5
Saturday, June 17, 2023 12pm – 10pm
Visit the East African Village to experience the cultures of Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania. These three east African counties not only share borders - they also share similar cuisines, customs and language. Join us to celebrate and learn about the East African nations while basking in the sun overlooking the lake.
THINGS TO EAT
• “Nyama choma” charcoal roasted Beef, and chicken
• “ Pilau” Swahili spiced rice made with beef
• “Kachumbari” Swahili salad tomatoes, onions, lemon
• Beef Samosas and peas samosas.
• Chapati, Swahili flat bread
• White steamed Rice
• “Mihogo” fried Cassava
• "Kabalagala”, Banana and Cassava cakes,
• “Mahamri” Swahili donuts made with flour, coconut milk and Cardamom seeds.
• “Kokoto: Swahili donuts made with flour, eggs and butter.
• Plate A: Pilau or Steamed rice, Chapati, roast chicken, Kachumbari and eggplant.
• Plate B: Nyama Choma, Fried Cassava, and Kachumbari (Sold in threes)
Homemade Juice: Passion, Mango and ginger Juice.
Swahili spiced tea as well as Kenya famous coffee will be available.
WHERE TO PARK
There is ample parking at Riverside Sportsmen Club.
We prefer Debit or Credit.